April 11, 2010

FO: Socktober Socks!

Socktober Socks!

These socks. Oh, these socks. I started them on October 1st as part of Socktoberfest and, well, I didn't really finish them on time. Partly it was the knitting void of 2009 (I finished one project from September 2009 to February 2010) and partly, this pattern just kicked my ass. There was nothing wrong with the pattern, the instructions are well written and Kirsten Kapur even provided charts. I just had some sort of mental block and could. not. memorize the pattern. Try as I might, I couldn't read my knitting on this project and for the first sock and a half, I was tied to a chart. Finally, halfway through the second sock, I spent a good half hour staring at the charts until I finally started to figure out how the sock was constructed, at which point, the remainder of the knitting went much quicker. A little too quick, actually. These were my sole knitting project for my weekend trip to the Nonsan Strawberry Festival this weekend and I finished them Saturday evening, leaving me with nothing to knit on the train back to Seoul. Can't win for losing with this project, I guess.

Socktober Socks!

The Specs
Rav Link: Socktober Socks!
Pattern: Mystery Sock '09 by Kirsten Kapur at Through the Loops
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed in Bordeaux (1½ skeins; 346 yards)
Needles: 2.5 mm (US 1½)
Size: medium
Notes: For all the grief these socks gave me, I decided I loved them the second I finished them. They were suppose to be a gift for my sister, but I've decided I'm keeping them for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment