February 7, 2010

FO: Meias Socks

Meias

Six days until the Ravelympics start, and my personal sock challenge is off to a great start. I cast on for the second Meias sock on Monday evening and grafted the toe this afternoon. One sock in six days - a personal best! Of course, I have done little besides knit this past week, but it's still a success. One more sock to go, and I will have finished up my lingering 2009 WIPs.

MeiasThe Specs
Rav Link: Meias
Pattern: basic sock ribbed from the cuff to the toe (insert your own 'ribbed for her pleasure' joke)
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in Life’s a Beach (1 skein; 420 yards)
Needles: 2.5 mm (US 1½)
Size: medium; originally intended for me, I CO 68 sts, only to discover the socks were too small once I turned the heel. I gave them to my mom instead.
Notes: This is one of the older yarns in my stash. I believe it was actually a college graduation present from my best friend's parents and, well, college was a few years back. The colorway is Life's a Beach, but I don't see the beach in the greens and yellows, with just a few specks of blue. Instead, I saw the Brazilian flag, and so I named the socks accordingly. Google tells me that meias is the Portuguese word for socks. This was a nice, easy project. Plenty of mindless knitting, and while the seemingly endless 2x2 ribbing became tedious very quickly, the socks fit my mom perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment